a few things people seem to forget about gale hawthorne ????
- he takes care of prim and mrs. everdeen while katniss is in the games (what!! no way?? yes he did) this includes getting meals AND AND AND getting plants for mrs. everdeen’s apothecary business
- he is the oldest boy in his family!! he’s got two younger brothers and a little baby sister and he loves them more than anyone in the whole world and has been taking care of them since his padre died in the mines
- when gale’s brother rory takes out tesserae gale is described as “upset” not “angry” but UPSET HE’S UPSET BECAUSE HE CAN’T PRTOECTE HIS BROTHER ANYMORE oh ym GEOD DON’T EVEN
- gale’s gotta work SIX OUTTA SEVEN DAYS PER WEEK in the dang mines (where his father wAS crUSHed to DEAtH)
- once he realizes that the revolution is beginning he TOTALLY DOESN’T CARE ABOUT LOVE ANYMORE he is all hIP HIP REVOLUTION tbh he cares more about the revolution than “being in love” shut up you love triangle idiots
- (he rescues like 1/3 of the entire district from the bombing) (wow) (are you amazed) (i am)
- shut up about gale hawthorne he is a rebel and perfect and above all a family man good bye
babies cry bc theyre ugly and toothless and bald
Finnick Odair is something of a living legend in Panem. Since he won the Sixty-fifth Hunger Games when he was only fourteen, he’s still one of the youngest victors. Being from District 4, he was a Career, so the odds were already in his favor, but what no trainer could claim to have given him was his extraordinary beauty. Tall, athletic, with golden skin and bronze-colored hair and those incredible eyes. While other tributes that year were hard-pressed to get a handful of grain or some matches for a gift, Finnick never wanted for anything, not food or medicine or weapons. It took about a week for his competitors to realize that he was the one to kill, but it was too late. He was already a good fighter with the spears and knives he had found in the Cornucopia. When he received a silver parachute with a trident—which may be the most expensive gift I’ve ever seen given in the arena—it was all over. District 4’s industry is fishing. He’d been on boats his whole life. The trident was a natural, deadly extension of his arm. He wove a net out of some kind of vine he found, used it to entangle his opponents so he could spear them with the trident, and within a matter of days the crown was his. The citizens of the Capitol have been drooling over him ever since.